Wednesday, January 08, 2003

I can't help but feel that the city is not the place for me. Although it's nice to be able to go to a good school, and meet new people, my impression of the city is one of impatience and greed. It all seems to revolve around money- people come here either to work or to go to school so that they can eventually work. But I guess you would find that anywhere. There's just too much influence from media, everyone wants to dress nice and be witty in their conversations...but my question to them is: where are you headed with those nice shoes and designer glasses? It seems like people dont want to actually be themselves, as if that required any effort in the first place. And if you're not trained in the "urban school of conversation" people assume you're from the suburbs and you will "get it" one day. Psshh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home