Thursday, July 22, 2004

I was part of this political performance yesterday with my senior seminar class, where we all dressed in black and walked around Chicago passing out cards with information about individual soldiers who have died in Iraq. I'm usually not very big on speaking out politically, but this was pretty cool. A lot of people wouldn't even look at the cards, probably figuring we were trying to sell something, but a lot of people stopped and talked to us. They seemed to know more about the situation over there than we did. Halfway through thing, it started to pour, but we kept on trudging. Fun experience, and I played my new african djembe drum for my class afterwards.

Here's an awsome link of the day- this guy Matt Wilson was my teacher for performance art at Columbia. He and another teacher, Adam Brooks have a performance group that involves some pretty abstract stuff. I like it.      www.industryoftheordinary.com

matt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home